HOW TO ORGANIZE A TODDLER/DIAPER BAG - GIVEAWAY
Updated: Oct 4, 2019
Ok so be honest...is your purse/diaper bag a hot mess? As a mom I know that my purse sometimes is like Mary Poppins bag, I just keep pulling out more! From my mommy stuff, to toys, to snacks to an extra set of clothes our bags can quickly become cluttered.
In this post I walk you through the Newlie Louise diaper bag I'm using and show you it's many amazing features plus give you a sneak peak into what is in my mom bag and how I have everything organized.
I am so excited to be able to giveaway one of these amazing bags!! Thanks to Newlie for providing the Louise backpack for our giveaway!!
The giveaway will be open from November 21-28, 2018. Click on the link above to enter. You can get bonus entries by following me along on my different social accounts.
Newlie has also graciously offered you all a 25% discount code you can use to get the Louise backpack! The code will expire Nov. 30.
I have been wearing the Newlie Louise backpack for over a year now and simply love this bag. I love how you can wear it multiple ways and all of the storage compartments inside it. I also love the fact that it does not look like a diaper bag!! When I was researching diaper bags I was wanting to find something that could easily transition from a diaper bag to a toddler bag to just a purse and this one fit the bill.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS BAG:
1) STYLE: Like I said this bag does not look like a diaper bag. Every time I get a compliment from someone on my purse when I tell them it is actually a diaper bag they are shocked. It is such a clean streamline design.
2) VERSATILITY: You can wear this bag several different ways. You can wear it as a shoulder bag with the short straps, or the long detachable strap, as a cross body bag or my favorite way as a backpack. With carrying around a 3 year old I really needing something that would allow me to be more hands free. I was previously using a skip hop cross body bag which was nice but honestly I was getting sore shoulders from the weight of that on one side then having a toddler on my other hip.
3) EASY TO CLEAN: This bag is very easy to clean, you just need to use a damp cloth and wipe it down. The material is a water resistant nylon and accented with high quality faux leather.
4) SO MANY POCKETS: I love all of the different inside pockets that it has.
5) DID YOU SAY A COOLER?: Yes you read that right, this bag has a fully insulated zipper pocket where you can keep all of you baby bottles or snacks that need chilled just throw in a ice pack and you are good to go!! I have used this for many zoo trips to pack a light lunch.
6) KEY HOOK: There is a super handy key hook so you don't have to remember where your keys are or loose them in the bottom of your bag.
WHAT'S IN MY BAG?
MY PLANNER: I always carry around my classic size happy planner and it fits great in the bag. When I switched to the happy planner I was worried I wasn't going to be able to fit it into a purse but this fits like a charm. Now there isn't going to be a whole lot of wiggle room if you have your bag stuffed to the brim but it fits!!
WATER BOTTLE: It is wonderful to be able to have space for Ellie's water bottle as well as one for myself. My bag has 2 scrunchy bottle pockets on either size of the interior. The only thing that you have to watch for is that if you pack the side exterior pockets full you will not have as much space for the interior bottle pocket.
MOMMY POCKET: I use the "changing pad" pocket as my mommy pocket since we no longer need a changing pad. This bag did come with a large one but I ended up finding a smaller more compact one to save some space. In this pocket I keep my wallet, phone and anything else that I need to get to quickly. It also has a clasp so that the changing pad or whatever you use that pocket for doesn't fall out, however I leave it unlatched most of the time as I like to have quick easy access to this pocket.
ACTIVITY BAG: It is so important to have a activity bag as a momma. In mine I always have something to color and a small book, I will occasionally throw a few extra toys in there as well.
MOMMY POUCH: I like to use smaller bags within my purse to keep things organized. It is so much easier to just pull out the smaller pouch to find what you need then dig though the bottom of your purse with everything thrown together. In my mommy pouch I keep the very basics, extra makeup, mints/gum, perfume, sunscreen and occasionally an extra phone charger.
SNACKS, SNACKS AND MORE SNACKS: I always have a variety of snacks available for when we are out and about, the cooler pocket is a perfect place to store those things.
POTTY BAG: With potty training it has been essential to have a potty bag. I really like the one I have been using. It has a nice strap on it which makes it easy to carry. There are two pockets, the interior of the large pocket is a wet bag which makes it the perfect spot to store our travel potty seat. The travel potty seat has been a life saver for us. Since my daughter wears leg braces it is a little harder for potty time and having the seat helps her feel more stable.
In the second pocket we keep sanitizer, a back up pull up and a change of clothes. I like to roll the clothes together so they are more compact and easy to grab if we need them.
HOW TO ROLL FOLD:
1) Lay down the shirt
2) Put pants ontop of shirt
3) Next put down the panties
4) Roll tightly
5) Use socks one on each end to package the clothes
BAG EXTERIOR: On the outside of the bag there are three pockets, one open center pocket and two zipper side pockets. I really only use one of the zipper pockets just to hold my feminine products. I also recently just added a Bagnet to my bag. The Bagnet is a very powerful magnet that can hold up your bag in a restroom without a hook or when you are out to eat hook it to the metal table legs.
The giveaway will run November 21-28, 2018. The winner will be announced the first week of December and have 24 hours to claim the bag. If the winner does not claim the bag, a runner up will be chosen. No purchase necessary. This giveaway is open to resident of the contiguous United States.